BuffaloSpree.com's Recipe of the week: "I Can't Believe It's Not A Burger" Burger
Photo by Hannah Wardell
Vegan cheddar cheese
Vegan Swiss cheese
Grilled quarter onion
Fresh quarter onion sliced
2 tomato slices
Teaspoon of vinegar
Bag of frozen french fries
1. Follow your french fry bag instructions and begin baking. 5 minutes before they are finished baking add vegan cheese slices on top of fries.
2. Heat skillet on medium high. Add olive oil.
3. Thinly slice half of an onion. Separate half of the slices and dice for garnish.
4. Grill the other half of sliced onions until caramelized and set aside.
5. Fry hash brown on each side until golden brown. Add a slice of vegan cheese once flipped. When the cheese melts set aside.
6. In the same pan add more olive oil. Cook the beyond burger patty for 2 minutes on each side. Add a slice of vegan cheese once flipped.
7. Slightly toast the brioche bun in the left over pan juices and oil.
8. For the sauce combine veganaise, ketchup, vinegar, pinch of salt, and pepper.
9. Assemble burger in this order and plate: brioche bottom half, sauce, pickle and tomato, cheesy hash brown, more sauce, cheese burger, grilled onions, fresh onions, more sauce, and the brioche top half.
10. Add the side of cheesy fries and top with grilled onions and fresh onions to plate. Garnish with cilantro!