My partner and I created this burger as a compromise merging our two diets. I am a meat eating foodie and he is a vegetarian. NEITHER OF US ARE VEGAN all though, I have been in the past. The Open-Faced "Less Guilt" Burger takes the best substitute non-meat patty on the planet and adds cheese and a fried egg. It's a contradiction that reflects some internal conflict of the 2020 climate. Not completely conscious, but is aware of what it is.
Open-faced "Less Guilt" Burger
Beyond Burger patty
Zhoug Mediterranean spread
Diced fresh onions
Franks wings hot sauce
Fried egg (optional)
Swiss & cheddar cheese slices (OPT to subsitute for vegan cheese)
1. Fry the hash-brown on a skillet for 7-10min. Flip it at the half way point and add the cheddar cheese slice to the cooked side.
2. In the same skillet, fry the beyond burger patty on high heat for 2-3 min on each side. Add the Swiss cheese slice once both sides of the patty are browned.
3. In the same skillet add the chopped onions and cook until slightly caramelized.
4. Remove the hash-brown from the skillet and on to a cutting board. Remove the patty and add it directly on top of hash brown.
5. Add light olive oil to the skillet and fry a singular piece of sourdough bread on both sides. Slightly turn down the heat.
6. Remove the onions from the skillet once they are caramelized and add them on top of the patty.
7. Add light oil or vegan butter and fry egg (optional step) and season to taste.
8. Remove the fried sourdough from the skillet. Then slice and add veganaise, garlic spread, and zhoug sauces topped with pickle slices.
9. Use a spatula to pick up the hash-brown patty tower and lay it on top of the sourdough slice.
10. Add the fried egg on top of the cheese patty.
11. Garnish with freshly diced onions and pepperoncini.
12. Finish with a splash of Franks Wings hot sauce and sriracha!